Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Stand-off

Two stubborn red-heads in one house equals one very interesting afternoon!

Hannah, who has had a mind of her own since well before she was born, has decided that dropping food on the floor is the best way to rid herself of something when she decides that she is finished. In an effort to combat this new behavior, we've been sending her to time-out until she picks up the mess she just made. She usually picks up her mess in less than a minute; however, that wasn't quite the case today!

I asked her to pick up her cheese; she said NO. I put her in time-out; she screamed (see picture below), but she never tried to get up. After 30 seconds I asked her to pick up the cheese; she said NO. After a minute I asked again - same response. This went on for almost four minutes. I was shocked; she had a similar stand-off with Pete a few months back, but she's never been this obstinate with me. She was convinced she wasn't picking up that cheese, and I was equally convinced she was. She picked up her cheese and continued on with life as if nothing had ever happened (see second picture below). What a day!


4 comments:

Kimberlee said...

She has never been one for a silent protest, has she? She may have gotten over it, but she sure looks ready for the next battle with the boxing gloves!!!

The Stiners said...

Oh no!

P.S. but she's still pretty darn cute even in the middle of a tantrum.

The Schaper Scene said...

Ah.....finally someone who understands the "two stubborn redheads in the same house" scenario!! When I read this post, I felt like I was reading a story off of my own blog.......except I sware Kylea's "stand-offs" last much longer than 4 minutes! Ha!

Heather J said...

precious moments. we've had similar stand-offs over many things and I'm sure many more to come! I think they are responsible for the couple of gray hairs I spotted on my head recently!!!