Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day 6

Today is day 6 of our vehicle ordeal, and we literally have no news. I call everyday (even though the dealership promises to call when there is news) for a status report and I get the same line (see last post for exact phrasing).

Pete finally made some progress with a Chrysler rep, so the rental has been extended five days (silent Hooray!). The rep basically told Pete that unless they can prove that the problem is the result of negligence on our part we should be guaranteed a rental until the work is finished. The news did offer a ray of hope in this otherwise bleak situation. At least I know I have transportation for the next five days. Hopefully, we'll know more answers at the end of the five day period.

I can honestly say I'm not in a big hurry to get the van back. I find myself struggling with some trust issues regarding its safety and reliability at this point in time. My prayer is that they are able to fully understand the problem and repair it so that my family will be safe. In the meantime, we have a great rental, a Jeep Cherokee. As Hunter said, "That's mine? It's so nice!"

3 comments:

Kimberlee said...

I completely understand your trust issues at this point! I dealt with the same issues when we started having problems with our van! DAvid would laugh at me because I would freak out over ANY LITTLE NOISE. I was completely convinced that it would fail me again! I, too, hope they are able to fix it fully, correctly...and quickly!

Annelise & Ethan said...

Wow! I can't believe they haven't even been able to tell you what is wrong with it yet! I hope everything gets fixed soon and that you feel comfortable driving it again.

Jennifer said...

Lucky you - you got a jeep! I always get stuck with either the bottom of the line Focus that smells like someone didn't take a shower for days OR a big ol' pick up truck that I manage to run over curbs with. Need I mention that I get either of those because I turned down the mini-van. Sorry Kim & Kimberlee I just can't do it. :)

Maybe you should find a new dealer to take it to - that's very weird it's taking them soooo long to pin point the problem. Their loss = your gain at this point right? I mean just in case you have a freak snow storm you'll at least have 4 wheel drive.