Monday, February 11, 2008

The Great Waffle Search

I know that I won't be able to fully explain the humor in these pictures but I had to try. As my mom would say, "I must have had my gigglebox turned on that day!" I honestly could not stop laughing at my two little darlings during this entire ordeal. They never cease to amaze me.

What one child has, the other one wants! The kids were cooking yesterday when Hannah realized that Hunter had a waffle. Naturally, she wanted one too (luckily we have two of almost everything around here), but we could only find one waffle at that exact moment. Here came the tears followed by Hunter's best attempt to appease his little sister. He knew we had another waffle, so he started searching. What better place to start searching than under the bed?

Hunter goes under looking for the waffle...

Hannah follows Hunter looking for the waffle...
(You can't see him, but Hunter is completely under the bed at this point!)

I'm laughing hysterically as Hunter pops out to report that he doesn't see the waffle.(I had pretty much figured that part out already since the bed isn't really that big, but they sure did enjoy the hunt.)

We did eventually find the waffle creatively hiding in the closet - go figure! Sometimes I think we are living in our very own version of Toy Story and our toys really do have their own lives to live when no one is looking.

5 comments:

Annelise & Ethan said...

They are so cute and creative :)

The Stiners said...

LOL. I can just imagine them on this search! How funny and adorable!!!! They play so well together - that is so awesome!!!! I have such great memories of my brother and I playing together. We "camped" a lot throughout the house with king size pillowcases as our sleeping bags.

Jamie said...

How cute they look crawling under the bed! Looks just like something my two little ones would do.

anthonyandbeth said...

i love these everyday stories! they are the ones you won't ever want to forget! :)

Heather J said...

I love it - these two sound like two peas in a pod!!