Friday, February 29, 2008

It's Back...

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this, but the van is back in our possession as of 6:00 pm last night. Hunter was so excited to see his van that he literally hugged it after they brought it out to us; obviously it wasn't a big, bear hug, but it was definitely a loving embrace - too bad I didn't have the camera for that one. The boy loves his van; however, apparently there are limits to his love because this morning he wanted to know where his jeep was.

The van has a new transmission - details are a bit sketchy, but the report I have from the dealership mentions large chunks of metal! I am glad I don't know the details; it sounds very scary to me. I'm just thankful things happened the way they did.

Now comes the re-adjustment period. I have to move forward with this whole issue and get comfortable driving it again. Needless to say, I have a new interest in staying home rather than running errands.

4 comments:

Kimberlee said...

I can completely identify with your fear! You will get past it...in time.

I love that he hugged the van! Isn't it funny the attachment that they have to things! Our kids were so upset when we got our new van. They wanted the BLUE van back!

The Stiners said...

Congratulations Cinderella! I'm glad you have your chariot back! May it not turn back into a pumpkin...

Jen said...

I can't wait till Hunter grows up and you tell him how much he loved the van. Most men don't want anything to do with them! Glad its back and hope it runs!

Heather J said...

That would be hard not trusting your transportation completely, especially when carrying precious cargo!!!