The van has officially been in the shop for four days as of 5:00 today. There really isn't much to tell yet. I called the shop late Friday afternoon for a status report and was told the transmission guy was looking at it; however, it would be Monday before he knew anything for sure since transmission people don't work on Saturdays and the shop is closed on Sunday. I called at noon today and got the same story: "He's looking at it; we don't know anything just yet."
I called a Chrysler rep. late this afternoon to try to get an extension on the rental since it expires tomorrow at 5:30 (kind of like Cinderella and her carriage except my deadline is considerably earlier than midnight and being without a vehicle limits me and the kids a lot more than it did Cinderella and the mice). The Chrysler rep. called the dealership for a status report because he needs that in order to extend my rental. He got the same story: "He's looking at it; we don't know anything just yet." There's a definite pattern developing here!
I'm a planner and this certainly makes planning difficult, especially when you throw Pete's work schedule in the mix. With any luck tomorrow will bring news - hopefully good news. I could use a little of that right now, but I won't hold my breath. I am pretty sure there is a lesson, if not multiple lessons, for me to be learning here; I just haven't figured out what it/they is/are. Of course, one could have something to do with patience. That's a lesson I keep thinking I've learned and keep learning that I haven't.
'til tomorrow!
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love the comparison to Cinderella! You crack me up! I hope you get some answers today!
Thank goodness for warranties huh? I'll cross my fingers that you will know something about your chariot soon!
Love!
i hope you get news soon and the rental is extended for you! we mom's need our vans! :)
I love how you write, it is so easy to read and flows so well. I hope you get a phone call very soon saying the van is fixed and it's not going to cost you anything!!!!!
i know how much i hate being stranded, especially with two kids! it doesn't take too long before you go crazy! hope that it works out sooner rather than later!!
Post a Comment