Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Mystery Solved - Problem Remains

It took a bit of investigating, but I have finally solved the mystery of the missing pants. As evidenced in several previous posts, Hunter has a bit of an issue with pants. I thought he was just not happy with the transition from shorts to pants since the weather was changing during his initial revolt. However, I have since learned that is not the case at all. In reality, he has an issue with Hannah not wearing pants when she is wearing dresses/skirts, so he has decided that he shouldn't have to wear pants when she isn't. Fair is fair!

I arrived at this conclusion after a lengthy discussion with Hunter. I was trying (rather unsuccessfully) to convince him to put his pants back on. I tried using examples like Mommom (that's what he insists on calling me-and he fully pronounces it) is wearing her pants and Dad is wearing his pants; at this point, he calmly tells me, "Sissy not wear pants!" Then it all made sense. He won't wear his pants if she isn't wearing hers. I guess Hannah will be wearing more pants until we reach a compromise on this issue.

Playing in their very own kitchen cabinet - minus the pants!

6 comments:

Annelise & Ethan said...

That's so funny. A three year old's thoughts are definitely unpredictable:)

Kimberlee said...

I guess Pete would probable be against Hunter wearing skirts, huh???
That little boy is so funny!

Jen said...

He cracks me up. I would love to see him and Erin together - sounds like they'd have quite a conversation.

And it may be a long trip to find Big Bird - We purchased him at Sesame Place in Pennsylvania the summer before last. I don't know if you've ever heard of Sesame Place but it's a theme park. Look it up on the web and you may be able to buy BB, who knows what shipping would be. He has been well worth every penny we spent!

The Stiners said...

LOL!!! What a hoot!! You figure it'd be her wanting to immulate him and refuse skirts. At least it's mystery solved...kinda. I say it's only a problem if he's like 15 and still in protest of the pants. Ok maybe seek counseling before that.

anthonyandbeth said...

that is HILARIOUS!!!! he's quite a little thinker! you quickly learn that some battles just aren't worth fighting! i'm always finding harrison in only underwear. usually after a bathroom break. he just would prefer to be in underwear!!! boy thing, i guess!

Heather J said...

Anderson has a thing with pants too, but we don't have a sister to blame it on. He complies when we are going out, but the minute he wakes up in the morning or the minute we get home from an outing, he puts on a pair of shorts. The funniest part is the size - 12months!!! (yep, still a peanut!)