Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hannah's New Trick

The other day while Hunter was napping, Hannah and I were working on laundry. (Okay, I was folding laundry and she was unfolding, but we were technically both working on it!) When she grew tired of "helping" me, she wandered into the other room. When I couldn't see her anymore, I called for her and she didn't answer. I got a little concerned because quiet with a nineteen-month-old generally means trouble. I called her name again and she answered, but I couldn't quite figure out where she was.
No wonder! She crawled under the bed to catch a cat. Our poor cats desperately try to hide during the day when little feet equal unwanted attention, but their hiding places never remain secret for very long. I have no doubt that she learned this trick from her big brother. I am constantly amazed at how quickly she learns to imitate the things he does. It makes me smile but it also breaks my heart - she's just growing up too fast.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I can't believe how big Hannah and Hunter are! I know all about kids chasing cats and never giving them a moment of peace. Our poor cat gets so much "love" she can hardly stand it! So fun seeing all that your little family is up to these days!

The Stiners said...

Oh my goodness! At least your cats are friendly! I'm dreading the day that Corben becomes faster than Maggie...I think I know who will win that battle and he will cry.

What a sweet "baby" girl she is! I can't believe she's 19 months old already!!!! Where does the time go?

The Schaper Scene said...

I can't believe how big your "babies" are getting. They look like they get along so well! I absolutely LOVE Hannah's hair. I'm so glad that I will be able to keep up with you in the "blog world" now. Miss you guys!

Jen said...

Isn't it amazing how fast they pick up on fun things to do. I know Anna is watching Erin thinking about how one day she's going to prounce around like her.