As I was talking with one of our friends in Sunday School today, she said something that really made me think. Her husband is deployed to Iraq right now; she is also in the military, and they have three young girls - she's a busy lady! When I asked her how things were going, she simply said, "Things are going well. To be honest, our lives are pretty boring!" I couldn't help but giggle at her response; with all that she has going on, boring hardly seems an accurate representation of her life. Yet, she didn't mean boring in the sense that nothing is going on, rather she meant boring in the sense that things are going well and there hasn't been anything too dramatic or difficult to handle.
I have thought about that comment all day and boring is exactly how I can thankfully describe our lives right now too - not that we don't have some crazy days (in all senses of the word crazy!). We stay busy and always seem to have something going on, but in reality our lives are pretty boring. Boring really is wonderful!
A recap of last week in pictures:
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Looks like you guys had a fun week! It must be nice to live in such a warm climate. The nice year-round weather allows for Hunter to play outside with his pants off anytime ;) You are doing a great job of keeping up with pics on the blog. I don't know how I would manage without digital!
Hey Kim! I found your blog from Corben's website. :) I'm glad you have one so we can see pics of the kids often. Hannah's hair is getting so long and curly! Adoreable! Merry Christmas to all of you!
I love that playing t-ball requires no pants at all. You are doing so awesome at keeping up with this blog!!! I'm proud of you!!! It's so great to hear that you guys are doing great - we don't think you're boring. :) Love to you guys!!!
hey Kim! very excited to see you have a blog! can't believe how big your kids are now! hope you all are doing well and that you have a WONDERFUL Christmas! visit our blog anytime, thewilliamsfam.blogspot.com
love, Anthony & Beth
Wow, you are soooo right, I would love a little boring right now! I guess that's not even a possibility right now!! I love seeing pics of the kids, especially little Hanna since I don't know that sweet little red headed girl!! (p.s. we LOVED your Christmas card - how did you get the kids to behave for that shot?)
Post a Comment