Saturday, December 15, 2007

Art Project



Last year, a friend and I took the kids to a pottery store so that they could paint their own ceramic ornaments. Hannah was too young to paint then, but Hunter loved it. I was planning on letting both kids do the same thing this year, but the store closed a few months ago. So when I saw these little ceramic holiday figurines at the store the other day, I thought they were a must have. I envisioned a mess, which is why they are outside in their diapers (thank goodness for 80 degree weather), but I wasn't quite prepared for so much chaos. Hannah only tried to eat the paint twice. Chaos aside, we had a very fun morning.

After a morning of painting, I now have a new appreciation for the kids' preschool teachers. I had my hands full with two; I don't know how they do it with 8-12. Needless to say, I'll be putting a little something extra in their Christmas baskets this year.

Hunter's all ready for his next project; he keeps asking to paint outside. I think I may have started something!

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

So cute! You are such a good mommy! Isabelle just reminded me the other day that I don't let her paint very much. UGH!

Sarah, Jeramiah and the boys said...

What a brave woman ;) I do teach pre-school, but for some reason the thought of painting with Tanner and Camden terrifies me. I'm a little jealous of your warm weather though...it's been so cold and windy today. I walked outside this afternoon and the cold almost took my breath away!!