Thursday, July 10, 2008

VBS 2008 - POWER LAB

Since my brother's first child was born seven years ago, my mom has been looking forward to the day that her grandchildren would attend VBS with her. When my brother moved away five years ago, she knew it would be a long shot, but she never gave up hope. When my brother and his family moved back home in March, Mom started dreaming again. This summer we made one of her dreams come true!

The kids and I drove up to mom's for the week of VBS. Mom was one busy woman that week, but she had more fun than I have seen her have in years. She loved having three of the four grandkids (Hannah was too young to participate this year - maybe next year) at church with her, every step of the way. Literally, the three boys followed her like little ducks helping her set-up and clean-up every night. They loved every minute of the week.

Hunter learned so much. He would come home and tell me all about his teacher and the stories she taught them. He loved the music so much that he actually performed on stage the last night - of course, it helped to have his cousins up there with him!

Even though I didn't participate in the actual VBS, my heart was truly moved by the whole experience. To see Hunter so excited to learn about Jesus and to listen to him teach the praise and worship songs (complete with hand motions) to his little sister made me so thankful for this opportunity and these precious moments in their lives.

Mom and her grandkids!
Hannah's stage debut! During the program Friday night, Hannah refused to leave my mom's hip. Mom felt so badly that Hannah hadn't been included all week that she just took Hannah on stage with her.
Hannah trying to keep those crazy boys in line!!

The first night of VBS I tried to leave Hannah in the nursery so that I could help with one of the classes - Hannah wasn't having that. So, she and I ended up playing in one of the classrooms for a little while each night before going home for bed. From her choice of toys, can you tell she feels the influence of her big brother?
The lighting wasn't very good, but it was so fun to see Hunter actually stay on stage. I guess there really is hope for next year's preschool music program!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love seeing kids worship the Lord, and especially to these worship songs that we have all come to love! Yeah for VBS!

-C said...

Aha, happy to have found you. :)