The preschool offers a Tuesday/Thursday program for six weeks during the summer. On the way to school yesterday, the kids and I were talking about seeing their friends. Hunter proceeded to name each friend that he wanted to see, basically the entire class plus a few who don't attend his school. Then the conversation turns to Hannah:
Hannah: I want to see Carl.
Me: Do you want to see your other friends too?
Hannah: No
Hannah has a hard time saying some of the names (i.e. Marguerite) in her class; she usually only gets one syllable out like ('rite). Carl is the only one syllable name, so I was thinking that Carl was probably just the easiest name for her.
When I went to pick her up, she was still sleeping; so, I picked up Hunter first then we went to wake Sleeping Beauty. She's sweetly sleeping on her mat with her blankets and rabbit right next to Carl. Her teacher then tells me that Hannah woke up for a few minutes during her nap, re-situated herself, tried to use Carl as a foot rest, and went back to sleep. The teachers moved her before she woke him - too funny!!
This was Bakery Week at school and the kids had pizza together for lunch. On the way home, Hunter told me about his day and the pizza that he ate with his friends. Hannah's only contribution to the conversation, "I ate pizza with Carl!"
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Uh-oh watch out Pete!
That's really a cute little story though! :)
Post a Comment