Thursday, July 31, 2008

That Dog!

Try as I may, I have yet to fall in love with our little mongrel - I mean dog. At 15 weeks old, this little Boston terrier continues to wreak havoc on the Peterson household; however, I must admit, at times, I can tell that he's calming down a bit! He has random moments of hyperactivity, thinks everything is his, and chews on anything within reach - children, adults, toys, shoes, socks, etc. I'm pretty sure he would chew on one of our cats if they let him get close enough.

At times, he amuses me almost to the point that I like him (see video); however, at other times (like when he's biting me or one of the children), I remember why he hasn't exactly won my heart.

He's a puppy, I know. Puppies bite! It's just I haven't had a lot of experience with dogs; I have always been around cats, so life with a dog is a major adjustment.

Lucky for him, he's cute! Those little ears flop over and he almost has me; then, he does something crazy (like chew up my shoes) and we are back to square one. At least I have a valid excuse for buying new shoes:)


The kids have learned that they are only safe from Petey when they lock him out of the playhouse or they are on top of the climber. Though Petey puts forth a valiant effort, he has yet to master going up the slide.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is cute, but that would be my concern with getting a dog too. Wyatt still chews on everything! That video is AFV material!

Kimberlee said...

That is so funny! I love it! How could you not love those moments? And we could all use a valid excuse to buy more shoes, right???

(And Hannah's little voice is so sweet!)

Jen said...

That is hysterical! One day he's going to make it and they are going to just scream! I think he'll win you over one day and he'll know his momma!