Saturday, July 19, 2008

VBS 2008 (part 2) - Outrigger Island

After Dee Dee's VBS, we came home to our own VBS. We all had a blast at this one too. The songs were a little more complex this time which made it difficult for Hunter to catch on to the words, but he loved the hand motions and the props!

I taught the first and second graders which meant that, once again, Hannah found herself in the nursery - which I am pretty sure she would classify as cruel and unusual punishment if she could. Normally, she loves the nursery, but this time she was keenly aware of the fact that she was missing out on all the fun! My mom, who just happened to be in town that week, ended up staying with her for music and recreation at VBS then taking her home for her normal, early bedtime. Poor girl, her time is coming; waiting is just so hard!!

Hunter loved his class; of course, it helped that his teacher was one of our dearest friends. He kind of felt like the teacher's pet - trust me, he milked it for all he could!!

I didn't get a lot of pics since I was teaching a class, but here are a few from the last night. We had a little program followed by a luau, which was Hunter's favorite part of the entire week!





No comments: