Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hannah's Ears

Hannah had her pre-op appointment yesterday. She was the perfect little patient! The doctor said she still has a significant amount of fluid on her ears ( I could have told him that without even looking in her ears just because of the way she acts) but he really thinks the tubes are going to "do the trick" - let's hope so.

Hannah is to report to the surgery center at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. I was hoping for a little earlier, but it could always be later. So, no food or drink for her after midnight tonight, which means one cranky Hannah in the morning. As she wakes each morning, you can usually hear her sweet, little voice forcefully saying SNACK. I envision a very tense, heartbreaking morning for all of us, yet I'm hopeful that the hours, days, weeks, and months ahead will be considerably less painful for little Hannah.

2 comments:

Heather J said...

I pray that the doctors are right and that her little ears will find relief with the tubes!! I pray too for Mommy & Daddy!

Jennifer said...

Crossing my fingers and sending healing prayers Hannah's way!! (and yours too!) Hopefully this will do the trick and ear infections will be a faint memory - or at least a less frequent occurence!! Keep us posted! :)