Somehow I agreed to host a MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) and Tots (the preschoolers) Easter party. Our group has almost 30 moms and 50 kids on the roster, but rarely do that many MOPS and tots attend meetings. Actually, very few mops and tots generally participate in these events. So - in my defense - it sounded like a typical playdate plus a few kids. After all, another mom was in charge of planning the activities, snacks, etc; she just needed a house for the party - simple enough!
By Sunday, 18 kids had rsvp'd yes with an additional three maybe responses. Still, I am thinking no big deal; the weather is great; we'll just hide eggs outside and play for a little while. Then came Tuesday night's thunderstorms followed by a cold front; there goes the outside egg hunt and playtime. Now to figure out how to accommodate everyone inside the house.
Only 17 kids actually attended, and we managed perfectly well! The entire party was quite a success. I might even consider doing it again!
By Sunday, 18 kids had rsvp'd yes with an additional three maybe responses. Still, I am thinking no big deal; the weather is great; we'll just hide eggs outside and play for a little while. Then came Tuesday night's thunderstorms followed by a cold front; there goes the outside egg hunt and playtime. Now to figure out how to accommodate everyone inside the house.
Only 17 kids actually attended, and we managed perfectly well! The entire party was quite a success. I might even consider doing it again!
decorated cookies and snacked some more...
dyed some eggs...
and attempted - somewhat unsuccesfully - to take a group picture. (Naturally, Hannah wanted no part of that experience. She did well simply tolerating a houseful of children playing with her things :)
3 comments:
Wow, you are Brave! I haven't hosted a playdate for our mom's group at my home yet.
Friday is Annelise's first Easter egg hunt:) We have been playing with some easter eggs here at home and she loves to carry them around with her all day. Hopefully she will enjoy the real hunt.
You are one brave mama! Especially since your activities included egg dying! Which reminds me that the countdown begins to Corben's first Easter basket - but for now just his daddy gets one and I can already smell the vinegar for the dye next year!
Happy Easter guys!!!
17 kids - Ahhhh....we have a tough enough time with 9 at Bible Study every week. I'm glad it all went smoothly. Hannah cracks me up, she must have quite the personality.
Post a Comment