Tuesday, May 20, 2008

One Too Many Fairy Tales

After putting Hannah down for the night, Hunter and I went to pull weeds in the front flower beds; rather, I pulled weeds and he supervised - either way!

As he was wandering about looking for toads, worms, snails or anything that moved, we had the following conversation:

Hunter: "My house is made of brick."
Me: "Yes, it is!"

Hunter: "The Big Bad Wolf can't get me!"
Me: "You are right. The Big Bad Wolf can't get you."

Hunter: "He huffed and he puffed but he couldn't blow it down." (Picture Hunter huffing and puffing trying to blow the house down.)
Me: "That's right! You are safe in your brick house. Hunter, what happened to the straw house?"

Hunter: "He blowed it down! I like my brick house."

We haven't read that story in quite some time. I know he did some activities with it at school a few months back, but I can't think of anything we've done lately that would have triggered our conversation. He makes me grin and giggle (among other things) every day! I never know where his mind is going but it is always working!

3 comments:

Kimberlee said...

I love those random conversations with the kids!
It makes you realize what little sponges they really are!
Too cute!

Jen said...

Isn't a 3 year old's memory unbelievable. I can't believe what they can pull out of there sometimes. Glad your house is made of brick, it wouldn't be fun explaining that the big bad wolf can't blow down vinyl siding!

Heather J said...

These kids have amazing memories - though they often seem to be selective memories!