Update: After several attempts to move past the Goldilocks issue, I finally told Hunter just to scoot over and let Goldilocks sleep in the bed too. I don't know that he actually did that, but he has been sleeping through the night without incident since we had the conversation early last week. Whatever works!!
Hunter has been waking up randomly at night and coming in our room - not startled or frightened - just nonchalantly coming in and crawling in bed. He's not very chatty in the middle of the night, so I finally asked him yesterday morning why he keeps waking up at night.
Picture this:
Me: Hunter, what woke you up last night?
Hunter: Someone was sleeping in my bed.
Me: Who was sleeping in your bed?
Hunter: I don't know the name.
Me: (thinking this sounds like an oddly familiar line from a book) Hunter, what story have you been reading at school?
Hunter: The Three Bears
Me: Was Goldilocks sleeping in your bed?
Hunter: That's the name.
Now that we know who is sleeping in Hunter's bed, I just have to figure out how to get Hunter to stay there regardless.
While I was relating Hunter's story to the assistant in his class, she laughed and said, "That's funny! I was afraid you were going to say something about the monster in my room story that we've been reading." That comment explained a lot, but that's another blog! Til then...
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's hilarious!
I am sure you are taking a second look at EVRERYTHING that you are reading to him these days, huh??? I hope you all are sleeping better!
That's really funny. At least he's not freaking out about it! Hope you've got a big bed!
Oh we went through something similar after Erin saw Monster's Inc. He sounds so calm though. Just tell him Goldilocks decided his bed was too soft and moved on to another. Maybe that will work!
Post a Comment