Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hunter's First Field Trip

Hunter's class took a walking field trip to the pumpkin patch at a church a few blocks away from his preschool. The director found a substitute for me so that I could go with Hunter.

We had a really fun morning with all of Hunter's classmates. They listened to stories, made a craft, surveyed the pumpkins, and ate a snack.

My favorite part of the morning was watching Hunter interact with his classmates. Even though I work at his school, I don't have the chance to really see him during the day. I learned a lot about Hunter just by watching him with his little friends.

The first book the teacher read was one that we had been reading at home. Hunter had to tell everyone that he had that book at home.

Peek-a-boo

Can you see me?

See my pumpkin! Each child took a pumpkin home from the their adventure. Hunter wanted desperately to take Hannah a pumpkin too, but there weren't any extras due to a freeze. Hannah did get a pumpkin to decorate in her own class though!

This is my favorite pumpkin!


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That is one giant pumpkin! Picking them out is the best huh?