After an extra week of vacation (thanks to Gustav), we finally started school today. For the most part, the kids were excited, but we still had a few details to work through.
Hunter wanted to be in Mrs. Judy's class again. He really did not like the idea of Hannah being in her class this year. Hunter did play the role of supportive big brother very well as he helped take Hannah to his old class, her new 2-year-old class. Then he slowly ambled across the hall to his new class (the three-year-old class). Once he saw his friends from last year, he never looked back. I don't even remember him telling me goodbye!
And then there was my class - I was asked to be an assistant in the other two-year class (not Hannah's) at the children's preschool. Hunter was insistent that I could not work at his school; it was HIS. He did let me stay in my class today, and he even waved across the hall once. Hannah had one little meltdown when she saw me on the playground, but she recovered and enjoyed the rest of her day. I had an interesting yet fun morning with a room full of two-year-olds. It's quite different from the high school kids that I normally teach, but it is kind of a fun change of pace.
Hopefully we will all have a great year!
Hannah's breakfast grin
Can you see the concern on her face? Rabbit stayed in the van!
Thinking about getting dressed!
Superheroes need an education too! They had to settle for the van today though!
5 comments:
So cute. I like the getting ready looks on their faces. Have a great year teaching.
Yeah for getting to start school! The kids are growing up. I'm sure it will be fun all being at the same place!
it's always good to get back in the routine after summer! the kids look adorable!!! so happy they enjoyed their classes and you did too!
So cute. I can't believe how grown up the kids are. I LOVE Hannah's dress.
I am glad the kids are enjoying school!
Post a Comment