We made it home on Saturday. The house fared well - quite a few missing shingles - but nothing major. Grocery shopping was a huge challenge. We had to go to three stores to get enough just for Saturday and Sunday. The lines were unreal and people were not exactly friendly. Most stores are expecting trucks today. I guess we'll have to brave the crowds once again. We won't be getting much with Ike lurking in the shadows of the gulf - just enough for a few more days - then we'll re-evaluate again.
The kids were supposed to start school last week, but that has been postponed until Wednesday which could be postponed again depending on weather. What a crazy time!
For now, we wait again. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We are truly grateful.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Phew! I'm glad you guys made it back to an intact house well except for the missing shingles! I'm sure shopping was quite a challenge since I remember you saying the stores never were the same since Katrina. I'll hope for the best that Ike misses you guys but maybe if you have to evacuate you could stock up on supplies from the stores near your mom? I bet Pete can't get orders out of there fast enough, huh?!
What a blessing. So glad there wasn't any bad damage. Also wanted to let ya know I awarded your blog so go grab it if ya wanna. Loave yall!
Glad to hear the house is OK and more importantly that y'all are in good shape! What a crazy time to be a Louisianan? (is that a word) What will Ike do, we're watching intently... Thinking of you Petersons....
I've been thinking and praying about you guys so much!!! I hope all is going to be OK with Ike and you guys stay safe and sound. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers and thanks so much for the updates!
Post a Comment