The kids had their end-of-the-year music program on Thursday. Last year, Hunter lasted just over a minute on stage before he realized that Hannah and I were in the audience. As soon as he saw us, he bolted off the stage and never looked back. This year since the kids would be together, I was hoping for at least a few additional minutes. I got it!
Initially, Hunter and Hannah were on opposite sides of the stage. Hannah erupted in tears just after the beginning of the first song, so the teachers moved Hunter beside her. She stopped crying and calmed down. Neither child had any interest in singing or standing with everyone else, though both children love to sing "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" and "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" to us every chance they get.
Hunter lasted through the third song. At this point he just calmly exited the stage to sit with us, refusing to return. Hannah, bless her heart, was left sitting on the stage completely confused about what just happened. It seemed as if she didn't know what to do - should she leave like Hunter did or just stay where she was - she's a thinker! Her teacher saw the wrinkled brow and knew what was coming next, so she helped Hannah off the stage and back to us.
Who knows, maybe next year we'll make it the length of the program!
I really tried to do a good job with the video, but Pete and I kept giggling at the kids' expressions and behaviors. I'll try to do better next time :-)

5 comments:
Cute! I can't wait until Kylea is in her little preschool programs!
Those are some brave teachers to attempt a program with 2 and 3 year olds. They do look cute sticking together.
Awwww, what a pair! They make such great buddies! So cute, those two!
That is too cute! I love that her outfit is complete with her pink crocs!
It is too cute how they stuck together!
I love it - I love how they both seem so unsure about the whole thing! I love the video!
Post a Comment