Monday, April 7, 2008

It's Definitely Monday!

What a day! I'll spare you the majority of the details, but here is a glimpse into life on Planet Peterson today:
  • The kitchen trash disappeared. Apparently, it learned to play hide-n-seek only to be found sometime later behind the elliptical machine. How do I know the trash can was hiding? Hunter told me so! Who knew trash cans made such great playmates? (hint: one very silly three-year-old)
  • While returning from delivering dinner to a friend who just had a baby, the same aforementioned three-year-old announces, "Mommom, it's raining in the van!" Realize, there is not a cloud in the sky and it is NOT raining anywhere around us. As I get to the stoplight, I turn around to see the rain. Rather, I see what had been Hunter's snack crackers now reduced to mere crumbs gently falling from his little hands all of over the carseats and floor. It actually did look like some type of precipitation - probably more like dirty snow than rain though! He's never really seen snow which explains the rain.
  • Hannah proved she can remove not only her shorts but also her diaper as she announced she needed to go potty. She didn't make it all the way to the potty; she had an accident on the newly mopped kitchen floor. The same floor that she spilled her milk on earlier this morning. Someone please remind me why I even bother to mop! I guess she's getting a little more serious about this potty training thing - we'll see! She wanted nothing to do with the potty for the rest of the day - her timing not mine - I know!!
  • After putting Hunter to bed, I kept hearing noises coming from his room. I investigated only to find Hunter hiding behind his rocking chair with a ziplock bag of cheetos. I have no idea when he got them or where he stashed them, but he was quite proud of himself. I still don't know what the noises were, but he was certainly up to something!

And now, I'm off to bed...Here's to a calmer tomorrow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! (only funny since it was not my kids this time...but all have done the same at some point...except the playing hide and seek with the trash can...that is new. And very inventive!)
Happy Tues.

Jen said...

What a Monday! Hunter sounds a little mischievous this week - isn't it funny how they have weeks like that.

Kimberlee said...

OH goodness! I can identify with "MONDAYS!!!"

I hope Tuesday is a smoother, no, cleaner day!

Jennifer said...

My goodness you have some busy little munchkins over there!

You know, maybe yesterday was just a trash type day. Corben got tried to get in our trash too. Ick!

Here's to better days for you this week! :)

anthonyandbeth said...

sounds like you have two little "jackson's" living in your house. he'd be right in the mix with them...cheering them on! :) hope you're week slows down a bit...that's a lot in one day!

Heather J said...

Hunter cracks me up -(that's only b/c I'm not having to clean up after him!). He sounds quite mischievous!