Note: Before you classify me as old, realize that I started teaching right out of college; plus, I teach high school - ages 14 to 19 - so some of my students were almost my age when I was first teaching. And yes, Julie, I know that I will always be three days older than you - thanks for remembering!!
Today the kids and I went to the zoo to meet one of my former students (from my very first teaching job) who is in her final year of law school at Tulane. She, very bravely, agreed to go along for the experience. The kids loved her instantly - nothing new for Hunter but very surprising for Hannah. Hannah was practically begging to hold Laura's hand as we entered the zoo. Laura is only the second person I've ever seen Hannah let touch her on a first meeting, the first being Kimberlee just two weeks ago. Either Hannah is softening up or these are two very impressive people (my vote is for the latter).
Laura got a new camera for Christmas and has been wanting to take pictures at the zoo. Though she did get some great animal shots, she captured some precious moments of the kids today. Photographs are so much easier when someone else is taking them. I'm considering hiring her for more of our weekly outings:)
Laura got a new camera for Christmas and has been wanting to take pictures at the zoo. Though she did get some great animal shots, she captured some precious moments of the kids today. Photographs are so much easier when someone else is taking them. I'm considering hiring her for more of our weekly outings:)
You seriously want me to smile?!
This really isn't so bad after all!
Yes, we know all about the real animals at the zoo, but they don't let you climb on them!
Talk about embracing nature!
According to Hunter, "I'm not happy!" Really??? Who would have guessed?
I think I see an alligator!
Can I PLEASE ride the carousel? PLEASE???
No, but how about a nice whale?
Strategizing for the ride home?
A few of the animals...
Laura, thanks for a wonderful day and lots of great pictures!
2 comments:
Wow - those are awesome pics of the kids and the animals. Wish I had that kind of eye and camera!
I soooo need a new camera! Geez. :)
Those are such great pictures of the kids! You should definately get her to take more pictures for you! How fun to get pictures in "natural" settings - think birthday pictures etc.
Hey, how'd your cake turn out??
Post a Comment