Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hannah's Hearing

Hannah has been out of sorts all week and not sleeping as well as she normally does. One minute she says her ears hurt; the next minute she says they don't. I don't know if she's just looking for conversation starters or she is really in pain. She rarely runs a fever so that doesn't help at all!

Since I know she had fluid on her ears last Monday, I decided to take her to our pediatrician today to get a look at those ears: no infection but some fluid in the right ear. I guess that was a relief.

Children's Hospital scheduled Hannah's hearing test in late June. Late June is still a month away and it's getting close to our anticipated rotation date (first week of August). If we have to do tubes again, I would prefer to do them here where we know the doctors and hospital instead of trying to find someone hurriedly after a move. Moves are hard enough without other issues.

I tried to get the test scheduled sooner, but the lady was not overly cooperative and never called me back. Today, our perfectly wonderful and absolutely incredible pediatrician was able to get Hannah in next Wednesday morning at 9:30 for the hearing test.

I am so thankful that we have such a great pediatrician and that she was able to work her magic for an earlier test. I know this doctor was placed in our lives for very special purposes (we should have a frequent visitor discount card or something); she has taken great care of our two little ones, and they love her dearly. The kids think they need to go see her every time they have the slightest symptom - it's really cute; however, I'm pretty sure the office can only handle so much of the Peterson fam!

Hopefully we'll know more next week and be able to establish a game plan for Hannah's ears. I'll let you know when we know something.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh man! That stinks that she may have to do tubes again!!! Thank goodness for great doctors! Keep us posted and we'll send healing prayers her way!

Anonymous said...

I hope all is fine with her ears!