Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Preparing....

for Hunter to officially begin school. It seems like only yesterday he was learning to crawl and chasing the cats around our house. Today, Hunter starts Kindergarten. He is thrilled; excited beyond words; ready to enter "real" school. As for me, I'm excited but somewhat sad. I love having him around the house. I love how well he and Hannah play together. I know he is more than ready for this, but my heart wants to hold on for just a little while longer. Pete tells me that I would hold on forever if Hunter would let me; that's probably a little bit true.



Yesterday, we delivered his school supplies to his classroom. As we were leaving, Hunter said, "Mom, you don't have to take me to my class tomorrow. I know where to go. You can just drop me off." How did he get so big? I thanked him for his offer and told him that Hannah and I wanted to take him to his class tomorrow. After all, we have to take pictures to show Daddy when he gets back from his trip. Hunter agreed to let us walk him in tomorrow, but I don't think that will be a privilege that I have for very long. He likes being big! I love his independence, but I'm not ready to let go just yet!

Praying for a year filled with blessings for Hunter, his classmates, and his teachers.

1 comment:

Handmade by Kiki said...

Independence is a good thing....even though it can be hard. You have helped him feel confident and secure up until this point which makes him comfortable in new situations (at least this is what I keep telling myself...ha!) Kylea is exactly the same way. I dropped her off for her first day of preschool when she was 3 and had to remind her to come back and give me a hug because she was so excited to be going to preschool. I expect Kindergarten to go the same way in a few weeks. At least the bus comes right to our house so no one will see my tears as my *5 year old* (what!?!) gets on the school bus. Sad that I won't be able to see her in her classroom on her first day though.