Sunday, September 27, 2009

What a Difference 20 Minutes Can Make!

The weather was magnificent this afternoon, so we decided to go for a walk. Hunter wanted to ride his bike, great idea! Hannah did not want to ride her bike; no big deal, she wanted to walk. I took a stroller for the return trip - little legs get tired quickly. Not five minutes after leaving, she wants her bike. She proceeds to throw a monster tantrum for her bike. Since her behavior was so crazy, I took her home and Pete continued with Hunter. We get in the house and she is still screaming. I put her in time out for a chance to calm down. She takes her shoes off and throws them. Finally, she stops screaming and tells me she's all done. I ask her to apologize and she says, "For what?" I was speechless! I talked to her for a minute and she apologized for screaming. I ask her to pick up her shoes and put them in the basket. She says, "I don't know how!" Really? She puts her shoes up everyday. She proceeds to start another fit over her shoes. Back to time out she goes. Then she tries to make a deal with me, "I'll get one shoe and you get the other." Um, NO, you threw both of them you can pick them both up. Still more tears. Finally, she apologizes again; she gets her shoes and puts them in the basket. I was sitting on floor beside the basket. She then sits in my lap, gives me a hug, and says, "Mom, you're my best friend!" I am still speechless. I had to blog it to make it seem real. That has to be the craziest myriad of emotions packed into one 20 minute period. I love being her best friend, but couldn't we have accomplished that without all the drama?

No comments: